Friday, December 17, 2010

McCall's 6041 Jumper







I have sewn this jumper 6 times. I have been wearing this pattern for 20 years. I find that it is very versatile and that using different fabrics makes a big difference. I have sewn it in black corduroy for winter and in light floral on white background for summer. I can wear it with a full dress underneath or with a tee-shirt. I add flannel slips and bloomers for added warmth. The solid colonial blue has small white piping to detail the bodice.

The pattern comes with an underneath dress that has long sleeves and a lacy collar. You'll see that under the orange/red one in the foremost position.

I am wearing McCall's #4548 underneath the dark purple version of this jumper. Many blouses look good with this, any sleeve length. It's my favorite pattern.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting patterns, it is difficult to find modest patterns in the fabric stores, I love to wear jumpers, most of mine have come from the goodwill, but I would really like to make my own. I will see if I can find any of the patterns you have listed.

    Thank you again,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! I love your fabric choices. Your clothes always look so professional! Any tips? What sort of fabric do you choose?
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use 100% cotton from the fabric store. I know I'm going to get 20 years from the garment so I go ahead and buy a good quality.

    That way my time and effort is not wasted by using super cheap fabric.

    These days I buy my garment fabric from the quilt store. They don't have the good sales that JoAnns has but you do get what you pay for.

    For a nice look I sew very, very slowly. I find I cannot make a mistake if I'm slow.

    Thank you for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I will keep that in mind :D

    ReplyDelete