Wednesday, March 23, 2011

McCalls 6041


Here I am wearing both parts that come with McCalls 6041 -- the "underneath" dress with lace collar and the jumper over. There is a lot of modesty with the "vest-like" layer over the bosom. I think it qualifies as a katastole which is how we are told to dress in I Tim 2:9 -- you can't see the word "katastole" in English translations but it is there in the Greek. It's Strong's #2689. It is only used once in the Bible and it means "long robe." Kata, in this case means, "long" and stole is a loose outer garment worn by kings and persons of rank.

3 comments:

  1. I had that pattern once upon a time or one similar. I am making aprons to wear over all my dresses. Just feel the need for that extra layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice. I like the detail on the blouse. Thank you for sharing.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm posting on aprons next--Thanks to both M and Michelle and all the rest of you !!

    : ) : ) : )

    ReplyDelete