Friday, May 20, 2011

Simplicity 8006





















This is an old pattern. I only sewed it once but I have worn it for many years.


These photos were taken one week ago.


I did make it back when I was a little more svelte but it has lasted me as the pounds come and go over the years. Another reason it has lasted is that I used a very high quality fabric and I stored it in a garment bag during the summer months.


It is comfortable and wears a little bit like a "coat-dress." I like it under my coat too and I'm never chilly in this.

It's made in a corduroy fabric that feels like a soft velvet.

The sleeves are finished in black corduroy as you can see in the photo.

The main feature of Simplicity 8006 is the stand up collar. It also has a dropped waist which was more popular at the time. Next time (if there is a next time) I will make the same thing but set the skirt part at my natural waist. I will also try this in a light cotton fabric. I imagine that it will be very good sewn that way.

2 comments:

  1. Clevsea,

    It looks so pretty on you. I like the fabric and the style. Very comfortable to wear, I am sure.

    Many blessings to you,

    Mrs. M.

    By the way...I will be returning to the prayer group soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nice comment.

    I'm happy to hear that you'll be returning to the group soon. That's really good.

    ReplyDelete